Rochester's Cornerstone Group, Ltd.
Job Description - Project Manager
Company Profile: Rochester's Cornerstone Group is a small, rapidly growing NYS developer of affordable multifamily and senior housing. By collaborating with multiple local, state and federal funding sources, we partner with non-profits, municipalities, service providers and our own separate property management company to produce and manage quality, well-designed housing to populations in need.
To lead the entire development process of affordable residential properties, from concept to permanent financing. Utilizing exceptional management skills, this position leads both internal support staff and the external development team in order to meet deadlines. This requires strong organizational skills, critical thinking, problem solving, strong oral and written communication skills, and an excellent attention to detail in order to face ever-changing priorities.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding the NYS LIHTC and related funding applications, determine areas of opportunities and programs for housing needs in a variety of communities.
- Build strong relationships with non-profit partners, service providers, funding agencies, and other development partners and enter into MOUs and contracts with them.
- Conduct financial feasibility analyses by reviewing the potential sources of funds and uses of funds and create both the project development and operating budget.
- Obtain local approvals and site control by working closely with various municipalities and overseeing submissions to zoning and site plan review boards by architects and engineers.
Project Funding Application:
- Oversee the preparation of market studies, appraisals, environmental studies and all other requirements needed by funding applications
- Obtain and summarize necessary community needs documentation
- Work with banks, investors, attorneys, and funding agencies and provide them the documents they need in order to receive funding commitments.
Finance Closing, Project Monitoring:
- Oversee the construction closing by communicating with funders, partners and attorneys, ensuring all their requirements are met and keeping the timeline on schedule.
- Represent RCG at construction meetings and resolve issues related to schedule, local permits, third-party professionals' responsibilities and funding requirements.
- Formally approve construction hard and soft cost draws and coordinate construction change orders with the goal of keeping the project on budget and on time.
Permanent Closing and Occupancy
- Keep property management informed of the project and expected c of o date with the goal of maximizing the equity upward adjustors.
- Oversee the permanent closing process, once the project is completed, making sure that all funders, investors and attorneys' requirements have been met and documentation has been satisfied.
- Ensure that a smooth transition as Property Management assumes responsibilities for the completed project.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially excel.
- Working comprehension of development and operating budgets.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to problem-solve, independently, at all levels
Experience Necessary: At least three years in the Affordable Residential Real Estate Development field
Education: BS degree minimum
Compensation: The salary is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package and opportunity for bonuses.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO HR@rcgltd.net