Rochester's Cornerstone Group, Ltd.
Real Estate Development Accountant/Analyst
Rochesters Cornerstone Group, Ltd. is a rapidly growing real estate development company specializing in the development of affordable residential housing.
Assist with the underwriting, construction closing, construction monitoring and permanent conversion of multifamily housing developments financed through Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs. The right person is a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual, who is a positive team player and eager to learn about the Affordable Real Estate Development field.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Project Manager (PM) to conduct financial feasibility analyses by reviewing the potential sources and uses of funds, and participate in the development of the project development and operating budget
- Understand development compliance and reporting, including reviewing operating agreements for funding compliance requirements
- Assist with construction finance closings by communicating with funders, partners and attorneys, ensuring all their requirements are met
- Monitor ongoing cash sources and uses to effectively manage the construction monitoring process
- Approve wires, ACH transactions and payments in accordance with accounting policies.
- Help the PM prepare construction hard/soft cost draws and coordinate construction change orders
- Assist in the permanent closing process, once the project is completed, making sure that all funders, investors and attorneys' requirements have been met and documentation has been satisfied
- Coordinate Project cost certifications with outside auditors.
- Assist both the Accounting and Development departments, as needed
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good organization, with an ability to professionally manage numerous projects and priority changes
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook) with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid work ethic and a professional, proactive, and positive approach to work
- Bachelors degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or relevant field from a four-year accredited college or university required
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting or analytical role within a business setting
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and MRI software is a plus.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO HR@rcgltd.net