Accountant - Rochester
The Accounts Payable Clerk will carry out the day to day financial transactions for the development company, Rochester's Cornerstone Group (RCG) and Cornerstone Property Managers (CPM). This position reports to the Controller.
- Performs the AP/AR and general ledger accounting functions of RCG, CPM, construction projects, and managed properties.
- Prepares bank reconciliations, journal entries, and general ledger account reconciliations as part of monthly closings.
- Prepares monthly financial reports (including variance to budget analysis).
- Processes intercompany transactions (including company credit cards/reconciliation)
- Sets up new properties in QuickBooks and MRI software.
- Assists in preparing monthly draws for development projects.
- Prepares work papers for annual audits.
- Performs other accounting tasks/special projects, as assigned.
Abilities and Attributes:
- Understanding of the affordable housing development finance and property management process.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel). Proficiency with Boston Post and MRI accounting preferred and advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (preferably QuickBooks)
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in property management and/or real estate development finance experience.
- Experience in multi-site accounting, budgeting and audits, if possible.
- Knowledge of finance and regulatory compliance.
- Degree in accounting or related field.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Salary depending on experience
- Competitive benefits package
- 401(K) plan with 6% matching employer contribution
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to HR@rcgltd.net