The Community Manager will oversee the day to day operational responsibilities of a large affordable housing community. This includes financial, marketing and leasing, customer service, compliance and staff management responsibilities. Develop, plan and implement the budget to include monitoring the overall financial performance of the property. Oversee site inspections, resident relations, and maintenance and vendor relations.
- Manage a high quality on site staff through implementation of effective recruiting, training, motivation and development programs.
- Ensure staffing schedules are consistent with property needs.
- Communicate effectively with staff members and ensure compliance of all human resources policies and procedures.
- Effectively perform and document appropriate staff evaluations including, but not limited to, performance reviews, compensation paperwork, corrective action reviews and termination paperwork.
Marketing & Quality Leasing
- Effectively monitor leasing and move in of new residents.
- Establish and implement leasing goals.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures for screening applicants for residency.
- Direct and manage resident functions in such a manner as to win and maintain the respect and goodwill of all residents.
- Enforce resident retention practices and service request follow-up.
- Assist and ensure that all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Implement and monitor effective lease renewal programs to maximize continued occupancy and income.
- Ensure consistent communications to residents as required.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are, at all times, fully functional and maintained in an attractive condition.
- Monitor an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure that an adequate number of units are turned over within 3 to 5 days.
- Monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the maintenance staff.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations, codes, laws and those of HUD, DHCR, HFA or other governing agencies; have knowledge of and cooperate with area or municipal associations regarding ordinances and restrictions.
- Maintain full compliance of all files and ensure maintenance according to regulations.
- Meet with REAC, DHCR, HUD, Investors and Auditors to conduct tours and property audits.
Abilities and Attributes
- Must have knowledge of financial operations and budgeting.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, conflict resolution and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to effectively navigate the Internet.
- Must be able to manage a flexible schedule and remain available for property emergencies.
- Must possess valid driver's license and New York State motor vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to walk, lift and move light loads (20 pounds maximum), bend, stoop and climb stairs on a regular basis.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or equivalent Real Estate education.
- Three plus (3+) years of experience for Affordable Site Management.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to HR@rcgltd.net